My sister's voices
Friday 05th October 2012 from 18h00 to 19h30
Salle 1 / Auditorium
- Directed by
- Cécile Philippin
- Written by
- Cécile et Irène Philippin
- Produced by
- Les Films sur le Palier
Documentary, France, 2012, 49 min
How does one live with schizophrenia ? How does one talk about it ? How would someone affected by the condition deal with medical professionals, with their family and with everyone else ? « The voices of my sister » is both a portrait and a personal account of living with the condition. The film takes the form of a personal diary compiling personal accounts from various people. The first one is a patient who has lived with schizophrenia for 20 years, giving a particularly clear-headed account of her condition. We then hear from those around her, her family, her friends and the medical staff treating her at the Sainte Hospital in Paris.
Debate with :
- Pascal Lahmani, producer
- Cécile Philippin, director
- Thierry Gallarda, psychiatrist and hospital practitioner
- Arnaud Cachia, lecturer in neurosciences
- Further information about the film can be found on its website.
- The DVD of the film can be bought online.
- Have a look at the article published on Mediapart about the film (French)